One of the following:
- Two Highers
- Full Group Award in NC Social Services (Access to HN Social Services and Social Work) plus a pass in one other Higher at Level A-C
- Full Group Award in NC Health and Social Care Higher (incorporating Access to Nursing) plus a pass in one other Higher at Level A-C
- Evidence of some work or experience in the care sector
- Evidence that you can meet the academic requirements of SCQF Level 7 with the submission of a written piece at interview if you do not meet any of the above and are looking for a change of career
Most placements have a minimum age requirement of 18 years.
You will need a PVG check through Disclosure Scotland in order to go out on the placement(s) as part of this course (visit disclosurescotland.co.uk for more information). If you are concerned about any information that may affect your PVG, you can contact our Guidance team to discuss this before submitting your application.
- There will be a required interview even if you have the entry requirements
- You will be required to join the PVG scheme
- There is a large commitment of time to a work placement
- Most placements have a minimum age requirement of 18 years
Course Fees and Funding
All courses provided by Fife College attract a fee which must be paid by, or on behalf of, the student attending. These fees may be covered by Fife College or SAAS depending on your individual circumstances but you must apply for these to be paid on your behalf.
It is your responsibility to apply for your fees to be paid or to make arrangements to pay your own fees.
For further information on course fees, funding options, how to apply for funding and other financial support available, please visit our Financing Your Studies Page in our Student Info section.