This new entry level course is an exciting and practical Computing and Digital Media programme which provides the foundation for those interested in pursuing a career in this exciting and growing industry. It is designed to provide you with a broad experience of Computing and Digital Media knowledge and skills at introductory level and is very hands on. Successful completion provides the opportunity for further study through NC Computing with Digital Media Level 5 programme.
What You Study
- Computer Systems, Hardware and Networking
- Software Design and Development
- Network Security, Ethical Hacking, Digital Forensics
- Website Design Fundamentals
- Numeracy and Communication
- Personal Development
- Mobile Technology Systems
- Social Media Literacy
- Information Literacy
- Information Systems Design and Development
- Computing with Digital Media Project
- Information Technology at National 3 or Access 3 Level
- Communication Access at National 3 or Access 3 Level
- Numeracy at National 3 or Access 3 Level
Work experience and/or other qualifications will be considered on an individual basis.=
NC Computing with Digital Media Computing Level 5.
After progression through all NC Levels then HN level:
- Network Engineer
- IT Technician
- Web Developer
- Software Developer
- Technical Support Engineer
You will be expected to attend an interview with a member of the course team. If invited in for interview, you will be expected to bring a reference with you to the interview. In the case of Fife school leavers, the College will request a transition form from the school.
While we make every attempt to ensure the accuracy of course information, this is
subject to change, as part of our continuous improvement process.
*Start and End dates refer to the week commencing date and the actual date could be any date within that week.