Access to Business/Hospitality/Tourism SCQF Level 4
If you are interested in finding out more about a career in business, administration, travel and professional cookery and enjoy a challenge, then this course is for you. Successful completion of this course will put you in a stronger position to progress to the next stage of your career, or academic study.
What You Study
Units studied include:
- Working as air cabin crew
- Working as a holiday representative
- Tourist destinations
- Business and e-commerce
- Business and marketing
- Business and finance
- Working in a professional kitchen
- Working in the hospitality industry
- Foods of the world
- Enterprise activity
- Administrative activities
- Prepare business documents
- IT solutions for administrators
- Employability skills
- Preparation for employment
The Core Skills of ICT, numeracy and communication will be developed and certificated on this course.
Duration and Attendance
- Three National 3s or three Standard Grades at Foundation Level
- Industrial experience or other qualifications will be considered on an individual basis
- NC Administration
- NC Business
- NQ Working in the Travel, Hospitality and Events Industry
- NQ Introduction to Hospitality and Catering
- Opportunities to work in a number of different business, travel and hospitality operations
- Opportunity to attend business industry recruitment days
- Opportunity to attend travel industry or airline recruitment days
- Modern apprenticeships
- Customer service positions
- Opportunities in business and administration
If a practical travel and tourism visit is arranged, you will be required to make a contribution to the cost.
- Online application
- Satisfactory personal statement
- Successful taster event and interview
For information on how to apply for funding for your course fees to be paid, funding options and other financial support available, please visit our Financing Your Studies page in our Student Information section.
This course is currently offered on the date(s) and venue(s) listed below.
While we make every attempt to ensure the accuracy of course information, this is
subject to change, as part of our continuous improvement process.
*Start and End dates refer to the week commencing date and the actual date could be any date within that week.