This is a short full-time course for those who want to progress to further study in care work and may be of interest to those returning to education or changing career as well as school Winter Leavers. This course will offer core skills, personal development and generic care modules that will provide a strong foundation for progressing on to other courses.
What You Study
Course content may include:
- Accident and emergency procedures
- Values and principles in care
- Information technology
- Sociology and psychology in care
Duration and Attendance
Full-time short course (January – June).
One of the following:
- Four National 3s
- Four Intermediate 1s
- Four Standard Grades at Foundation Level
- Relevant experience will be considered on an individual basis for those without formal qualifications
NC Health and Social Care Higher (incorporating Access to Nursing).
- Care assistant
- Healthcare assistant
- You may be required to attend an interview
- Personal statement
- Reference/Transition Form
For information on how to apply for funding for your course fees to be paid, funding options and other financial support available, please visit our Financing Your Studies page in our Student Information section.
While we make every attempt to ensure the accuracy of course information, this is
subject to change, as part of our continuous improvement process.
*Start and End dates refer to the week commencing date and the actual date could be any date within that week.