This entry level course is intended for those interested in pursuing a career in Childcare and who have few or no formal qualifications. The course comprises a range of SQA accredited units at SCQF level 4, which will provide an introduction to the skills and knowledge required to work in the Childcare sector.
A career in early education and child care involves working with pre-school and school age children often in a play group, out of school care, nursery or crèche setting.
This entry level course will develop the skills, values and attributes required to study within the field of early education and childcare. Students will develop the knowledge to organise a safe environment for children, the planning of play experiences along with a number of personal development units required for the progression into the field of early years study.
What You Study
- Working in Early Education & Childcare
- Child Development
- Play in Early Education
- Maintenance of a Safe Environment for Children
- Accident Prevention & Emergency Procedures
The Core Skills of ICT, Numeracy and Communication will be developed and certificated on this course.
Duration and Attendance
18 Weeks – Full-time – January start
- Three Access Level 3 qualifications/three National 3 qualifications
- Eligibility for membership of the PVG scheme
- Reference to support application
- Evidence of interest in the Childcare sector from a personal statement
- NQ Introduction to Early Education & Childcare SCQF Level 5
- NC Child, Health and Social Care (SCQF Level 5)
Employment in the Child, Health and Social Care sector.
- Successful interview
- Personal statement
For information on how to apply for funding for your course fees to be paid, funding options and other financial support available, please visit our Financing Your Studies page in our Student Information section.
While we make every attempt to ensure the accuracy of course information, this is
subject to change, as part of our continuous improvement process.
*Start and End dates refer to the week commencing date and the actual date could be any date within that week.