This 28 week intensive course is designed for anyone seeking to pursue a new career within the Gas industry. Upon successful completion of all assessments, you will receive an SVQ Level 3 in Domestic Natural Gas Installation and Maintenance and will be qualified to work as a Gas Engineer on central heating and hot water systems.
What You Study
The following subject areas will be covered:
- Principles of the Green Deal
- Understanding the use of Energy efficiency
- Insulation and Building Treatments
- Understanding air quality and ventilation requirements
- Delivery of effective Customer Service
- Understanding Health and Safety in gas utilisation
- Understanding Scientific Principles in gas utilisation
- Understanding combustion and properties of gas
- Understanding Buildings, Services, Structures
- Understanding Gas Safety
- Specific Core Installation and Maintenance
- Domestic Gas Water Heaters and Wet Central Heating Systems
Duration and Attendance
28 weeks Full-time study plus 12 weeks Work Placement.
You should have job-related experience in Mechanical Services, Mechanical, Engineering or Electrical and will be selected through college tests and a rigorous interview process.
Relevant Building Services HNC/HNDs and/or employment as a Gas Engineer.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be eligible to join the Gas Safe Register and will be qualified to work as a Gas Engineer within the Domestic Gas industry. Further training and assessment can be undertaken to acquire competencies in other areas.
While we make every attempt to ensure the accuracy of course information, this is
subject to change, as part of our continuous improvement process.
*Start and End dates refer to the week commencing date and the actual date could be any date within that week.