This accessibility statement applies to www.fife.ac.uk and all websites related to or owned by Fife College.
The statement refers to the website at an institutional level. This website is run by Fife College. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Fife College is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- live video streams do not have captions
- some of our online forms are difficult to navigate using just a keyboard
- you cannot skip to the main content when using a screen reader
- Some images have embedded text within the graphics that are not fully accessible to screen reader software
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in an alternative format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille please contact:
Inclusion Manager Inclusion Team
01592 22 3165 | Ext: 3165
We’ll consider your request and get back to you within five working days. If you cannot view the map on our ‘contact us’ page, call or email firstname.lastname@example.org for directions.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems that aren’t listed on this page or think we’re not meeting the requirements of the accessibility regulations, contact: email@example.com
For accessibility issues at an academic level
Head of Digital Learning
Fife College Glenrothes Campus
How we tested this website
This website is tested on a regular basis using a quality assurance tool to identify accessibility issues.
- our main website platform, available at www.fife.ac.uk
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Other sites within our domain
Fife College’s website consists of many related sub-sites: such as our student record system, Virtual desktop our Human Resources system and our helpdesk application. Accessibility statements for such sub-sites will be found locally for each of these. This statement was prepared on 24th September 2020. We will be carrying out further reviews of our accessibility statements in 2020.