We know that your health and wellbeing come first. Whatever’s on your mind, there’s information and expertise at your fingertips. Through our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Wellbeing Zone websites, we offer access to support services to help you with health, fitness, nutrition, family finances and work.
Employee Assistance Programme
The Employee Assistance Programme System (EAP) allows individuals to access confidential support 24 hours a day 7 days a week and forms part of our wellbeing programme. In addition, this website has articles and information that provides practical, impartial and up to date information on a wide range of topics.
The Wellbeing Zone is a staff benefit programme which provides advice and support to staff on a range of work-related health matters.
Healthy Working Lives
Healthy Working Lives help employers create a safer, healthier and more motivated workforce. Working with all kinds of businesses completely free of charge, they offer practical information and advice to help improve health and safety and the wellbeing of everyone at work.
A healthier workforce really does make for a healthier business. The Healthy Working Lives website is full of practical advice, guides and tools to help with every aspect of health, safety and wellbeing in the workplace.
Health Working Lives has an Award Program which supports employers and employees to develop health promotion and safety themes in the workplace in a practical, logical way, that's beneficial to all.
The College has just maintained the Silver Award which means that we can demonstrate:
- That we have policies, procedures and practices that allow all staff to engage in protecting and improving their health, safety and wellbeing.
and can begin to demonstrate:
- A fall in employee absence and turn over meaning that employees feel better supported in getting back to work
- Health and safety standards are improving and a reduction in the number of accidents and near misses
- Managers beginning to identify issues and prevent sickness absences occurring and they are confident in tackling stress and anxiety at work
- Tackling issues and concerns that have been brought to light through employee engagement and consultation
In gaining the Healthy Working Lives Silver Award the College has met the following criteria:
- Implement written policy/policies on alcohol and drugs which give employees clear guidance around the use of or under the influence of alcohol and drugs in the workplace
- Develop and implement documented policies/procedures on attendance management and integrate into existing policies
- Develop and implement documented policies/procedures on avoiding accidents, incidents and near misses in the organisation and integrate into existing policies.
- Promote the benefits of a balanced diet and facilitate/enable opportunities for employees to eat more healthily
- Promote the benefits of physical activity and promote and/or provide opportunities to encourage employees to be/become physically active within and outwith work
- Provide managers and supervisors with training to increase their knowledge and understanding of mental health, wellbeing and stress in the workplace. Ensure managers are aware of their responsibilities in relation to employee support