Do you have a passion for listening to Radio or Podcasts or watching Vloggers & YouTubers? Do you want to create engaging content for people like you? Join us on this 2 year HND and develop your work-ready skills in our professional studios.
The course will also show you how create, market and monetise audio-visual content for YouTube and other platforms including Vlogs, Reviews, Gaming Commentary and walkthroughs. There is also Green Screen resources creative purposes.
Creative writing is also supported through extra-curricular activities and we are honoured to have the support of Ian Rankin through his scholarship. Students from journalism, radio and broadcast are invited to enter this prestigious award.
Radio Production Skills
Social Media Production Skills
Single and Multiplatform Content Generation Skills
Graphic, Text, Image, Video, Audio editing Skills
Presenting and Voice Skills
- Two years full-time
- Radio music programme production
- Visual communication: social media
- Interviewing skills
- Presentation skills
- Working in radio
- Digital editing with Adobe Audition
- Audio-visual editing with Adobe Premier and After Effects
- Producing online content
- Law, ethics, compliance and the media
- Music scheduling
- Creative sound production
- Branding and imaging
- Magazine programme production
- As part of the course you will regularly broadcast via BOOM Radio and you may also have opportunities to undertake a work placement with local independent or community radio stations in a variety of posts
One of the following:
- Two Highers from English, Modern Studies, or Media at Grade C or above plus two National 5s at Grade C or above ideally from Media or Music/Music Technology, Drama etc.
- National Certificate: Creative Industries: Broadcast Media SCQF Level 6
- National Certificate: Sound Production SCQF Level 6
- Other qualifications including creative or science/ social science courses at SCQF Level 6
- Mature students will be considered on an individual basis taking into account previous qualifications and experience
- For direct entry to year 2 you must have achieved HNC Creative Industries: Radio
- This course is endorsed by the University of Sunderland for progression to their their BA (Hons) Media Production (Stage 3) course.
- Fife College has defined articulation routes in place for this course
- Closed Back Headphones (£50-£100)
- USB 3.0 Flash-drive (minimum 16 Gigabyte, £5 or more)
- and/ or Portable Hard-Drive suggested 120Gb SSD approx £25+
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise – ideally with a show-reel or portfolio of audio/media work