Do you have a passion for listening to Radio or Podcasts or watching Vloggers & YouTubers? Do you want to create engaging content for people like you? Join us on this 2 year HND and develop your work-ready skills in our professional studios.
The course will also show you how create, market and monetise audio-visual content for YouTube and other platforms including Vlogs, Reviews, Gaming Commentary and walkthroughs. There is also Green Screen resources creative purposes.
Creative writing is also supported through extra-curricular activities and we are honoured to have the support of Ian Rankin through his scholarship. Students from journalism, radio and broadcast are invited to enter this prestigious award.
- Radio Production Skills
- Social Media Production Skills
- Podcasting Skills
- Research Skills
- Single and Multiplatform Content Generation Skills
- Problem Solving
- Networking Skills
- Graphic, Text, Image, Video, Audio editing Skills
- Presenting and Voice Skills
- Two years full-time
- Radio music programme production
- Visual communication: social media
- Interviewing skills
- Presentation skills
- Working in radio
- Digital editing with Adobe Audition
- Audio-visual editing with Adobe Premier and After Effects
- Producing online content
- Law, ethics, compliance and the media
- Music scheduling
- Creative sound production
- Branding and imaging
- Magazine programme production
- As part of the course you will regularly broadcast via BOOM Radio and you may also have opportunities to undertake a work placement with local independent or community radio stations in a variety of posts
One of the following:
- Two Highers from English, Modern Studies, or Media at Grade C or above plus two National 5s at Grade C or above ideally from Media or Music/Music Technology, Drama etc.
- National Certificate: Creative Industries: Broadcast Media SCQF Level 6
- National Certificate: Sound Production SCQF Level 6
- Other qualifications including creative or science/ social science courses at SCQF Level 6
- Mature students will be considered on an individual basis taking into account previous qualifications and experience
- For direct entry to year 2 you must have achieved HNC Creative Industries: Radio
- This course is endorsed by the University of Sunderland for progression to their their BA (Hons) Media Production (Stage 3) course.
- Fife College has defined articulation routes in place for this course
- Freelance work
- Closed Back Headphones (£50-£100)
- USB 3.0 Flash-drive (minimum 16 Gigabyte, £5 or more)
- and/ or Portable Hard-Drive suggested 120Gb SSD approx £25+
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise – ideally with a show-reel or portfolio of audio/media work