Interested in acting as a career? Or perhaps you want to teach acting? This course offers you the chance to learn all about how to develop your acting and performance skills as well as how to apply these in a future career, whether that’s on a stage, in a radio, film or television studio, or in a classroom.
This course also helps with employability skills such as working in a team, presentation skills, and being able to communicate effectively.
Drama Skills in:
- Voice and
- Theatre Performance
Problem solving and Working with Others. Optional Units might include NPA in Technical Theatre or Singing
- One year full-time
- Higher drama units: (National 6) drama skills and drama production and exam
- Production skills
- Drama: voice
- Drama: acting skills
- Drama: theatre skills in performance
- Drama: movement skills
- Preparation for audition iPortfolio
- Personal development
- The Core Skills of ICT, numeracy and communication will be developed and certificated on this course
One of the following:
- Four National 5s at Grade C or above
- Acting and Performance at SCQF Level 5
- Mature students will be considered on an individual basis
- Drama workshop written exercise
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process.
- This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise
- Intermediate Certificate: Acting and Theatre Performance
- HND: Acting and Performance SCQF Level 8
- HND: Musical Theatre SCQF Level 8
- None although you should wear loose comfortable clothing with white soled trainers. A water bottle is also recommended and there may be theatre visits planned through the year which you could receive additional support with.
- Online application
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application interview process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise