This course will provide you with the range of advanced skills and understanding required to work in a modern business environment. In addition this course offers a range of options that will provide you the opportunity to gain specific knowledge and advanced skills in the fields of either Administration, Accounting or Legal Services.
Please note Legal Services options are delivered at our Dunfermline Campus and Accounting Options are delivered at our Kirkcaldy Campus.
- Range of business enterprise skills plus, depending on options chosen, administration, accounting or legal skills.
- Key employability skills such as team work, communications, problem solving and organisational skills.
- Digital, organisational and team working skills. Development of personal effectiveness, perseverance and problem solving skills.
You will study a range of subjects including:
- Personal Enterprise Skills
- Business : Developing a Business Idea
- Finance and e-Business
- Business Formation: Commercial Aspects of Law
- IT Solutions for Administrators
- Communications in Administration
- Administrative Theory and Practice
- You will also have the opportunity to select specialisms in: Administration; or Accounting; or Legal Services.
One of the following:
- A relevant National 5 at Grade C or above plus three other National 5 units.
- Intermediate Certificate: Business Enterprise (with Administration, Accounting or Legal Services) with a minimum of 12 SQA credits.
- Any other relevant course at SCQF Level 5 with a minimum of 12 SQA credits.
- Relevant industry experience and/or other qualifications will be considered on an individual basis.
- HNC Business
- HNC Administration and IT
- Accounts assistant
- Payroll assistant
- Human resource assistant
- Administrative assistant
- Legal assistant
- Office administrator
- Sales assistant
- Sales supervisor
- Contribution to the costs of any outside visits
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise