COURSE INFORMATIONThis course is ideal if you are considering a career in broadcasting or content creation. You will develop knowledge and skills through exciting projects involving video production, audio production, podcasting, and radio production. This Advanced Certificate allows you to safely try out new ways of working whilst gathering work-ready knowledge and skills needed to be a professional media content producer. You will work with our sector-leading facilities including our studios as well as on location and at live events. You will also build an impressive show-reel for the next steps e.g. HNC Television or Media and Communications or the world of work.
- Camera Skills
- Lighting Skills
- Editing Skills
- Radio Production
- Radio Broadcasting
- Team working Skills
- Communication Skills
- Research and Analytical Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Creative responses to briefs
- One year full-time
- You will study a range of units covering creative industries skillsets including; Radio Production, Video Production, and Media content creation.
- You will develop a wide range of knowledge and skills through working on your own projects and together with others on group projects.
- Internal Applicants, Intermediate Certificate: Broadcast Media, or Intermediate Certificate, Photography
- External Applicants, at least two National 5 Qualifications at Grade C or above ideally including Media or English
- Mature students will be considered on an individual basis ideally with a portfolio of work and/or relevant industry experience
- HNC/D Media and Communication
- HNC/ D Television Production
- HNC/D Sound Production
There are 4000+ job titles at the BBC, many of them potentially accessible from this course.
A variety of new entrant positions in Broadcast Media areas e.g. Radio and Television/ Film Making Industries,
Freelance positions within the Creative Industries
- You will be provided with all the software and hardware resources you need on campus
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise
Expected Jobs 2020
Expected Jobs 2023
Statistics are representative based on National data collated and provided by Emsi Economic Modelling.