This course is designed for those who would like to work with others in a variety of settings. The areas of study range from children and young people to community groups. You will gain experience in a number of practical settings alongside classroom based learning. This course will be assessed through continual assessment throughout the duration of the course.
- You will learn the skills needed to work with others and to progress to the next level of your studies.
- 18 weeks, full-time.
This course is designed for those who wish to have a career as a practitioner in a variety of settings from Healthcare, Childcare and Community Learning and Development.
The course is designed to have practical elements such as group project work. You will develop these projects with the support of your lecturers and the projects will be designed to support not only your development but also to benefit members of our community.
Skills developed whilst undertaking these projects will include:
- Principles and practice of working with others.
- Supporting others with additional support for learning needs and personal development.
Core skills such as Communication, ICT and Numeracy will be undertaken alongside Academic Study Skills to develop the academic skills needed to progress onto a variety of Level 7 courses. You will also study behaviour and psychology as part of this course.
- Four Level 5 National Qualifications - One of which should be English, or;
- Level 5 course in a Care discipline
- Successful achievement of studies will allow guaranteed progression to further study in care profession of choice.
- With further study careers within the various Care sectors are available.
- Basic stationery and access to ICT such as a laptop or PC will be beneficial for online elements of study.
- One-to-one Interview along with a short written task.