Considering gaining qualifications within childcare, but, not sure what this may involve, but have been helping at your local nursery of primary school and are considering a career in Early Learning and Childcare, this course is for you. A career in early learning and childcare involves working with pre-school and school-age children often in a playgroup, out of school care, nursery or crèche setting.
This course will provide an underpinning knowledge of the subjects studied at HNC Childhood Practice (the recognised qualification for Early Years Childcare Practitioners). Along with academic study skills and guidance to provide you with the knowledge and understanding to successfully undertake further study. Assessments are scheduled across the year and are mainly National Assessment Bank Materials.
If you have a question, need more information or to discuss course options? Call our customer service line on 0344 248 0115.
- Leadership skills
- Good communicator
- Blended Learning: This part-time course will be supported online with some live classes on Tuesday and Wednesdays mornings 9.30am – 1.30pm; and some self-directed study, for a period of 16 weeks.
- Flexible study
This course will provide an underpinning knowledge of the subjects studied at HNC Childhood Practice (the recognised qualification for Early Years Childcare Practitioners). Along with academic study skills and guidance to provide you with the knowledge and understanding to successfully undertake further study. You will learn about child development, the theory that supports child development, how to support children’s rights and protection and have an opportunity to plan and participate in various experiences to support your understanding of the value of play.
- Child Development
- Child Development: Theory
- Play in Early Education and Childcare
- Children and Young People: Rights and Protection
This part-time time course will offer you the opportunity to gain skills and knowledge for working with children, through interactive classroom-based delivery in child-related topics and study skills. These will form a strong basis for progression onto further childcare courses leading to recognisable and registerable qualifications to work with children and young people
Standard Grade English at Credit level, or Intermediate 2, plus four Standard Grades at General level 3 or above or Five National 5s at Level C or above including English at Level A or B Consideration will be given to candidates who do not quite meet the entry requirement, but have relevant experience if they are over 21 Internal Candidates,
- HNC Childhood Practice
- SVQ: Social Services (Children and Young People) SCQF Level 7 (Workbased Qualification)
- HNC Additional Support Needs
Employment in the childcare sector on further study and completion of registrable childcare qualifications such as HNC Childhood Practice.
You will be expected to have the required stationery to complete tasks.
- Evidence of interest in the childcare sector from a personal statement
- Qualifications as detailed on application
- Information session
- Written task
- 1:1 conversation / interview
- Reference to support application or school transition form where applicable Must be 16 years of age at start of study Eligibility for membership of the PVG scheme.