This Advanced Certificate course will build your confidence abilities and techniques allowing you to safely try out new ways of working whilst gathering all the relevant knowledge and skills needed to be a professional photographer. Whether you are a relative newcomer to photography or whether you have been making images for a while there are new techniques to explore, tips and tricks to discover and subjects that will take you out of your comfort zone. You will learn through a series of practical projects designed to build up a broad range of skills and techniques. You will work in studios, on location and at events. You will also be building up a portfolio for the next steps, whether that's another course, e.g. HND or launching your own business.
On this course you will improve the following skills:
- Problem solving
- Creative approaches
- Camera skill
- Lighting skills
- Editing skills
- Computer and digital skills
- This Full-time course lasts 18 weeks. Starting in February and finishing in June You are normally in college two and a half days per week.
- You will study camera techniques, editing techniques, outdoor photography and studio photography. You'll also study through the National Progression Awards in Photography from SQA and you'll prepare for a portfolio and exhibition.
- Three National 4 qualifications including English with a good portfolio. OR
- Successful Completion of Certificate: Photography or Certificate: Broadcast media
- Other equivalent qualifications or experience.
- Plus Small Portfolio of 10 of your images.
Upon successful completion you can join
- Advanced Certificate: Photography or
- Advanced Certificate: Broadcast Media
- Junior Positions in the photographic industry e.g. sales assistant, junior photographers assistant.
- You will be given a Digital Storage Device for your work.
- Apply online and submit small portfolio 10 images