This course introduces you to the world of social sciences. You will learn about the society we live in, individual behaviour and what makes us who we are, gaining higher level qualifications along the way. If you find yourself asking "why?" as you watch the news or listen to politicians or see problems in society, then this course might be for you.
This National Certificate course is for you if you wish to enhance your knowledge and skills in social sciences and to gain Core Skills and other transferable skills that will prepare you for further study or employment:
- Critical thinking
- Research skills
- Problem solving skills
- Essay and report writing
- One year full-time
- Communication and literature
One of the following:
- Four National 5s at Grade C or above in relevant subjects (e.g. English, Modern Studies, History, Maths, Psychology, Geography, Politics, RMPS, or any other subjects that require a high degree of literary skills)
- Intermediate Certificate: Pathway to Social Sciences
- Another relevant course at SCQF Level 5
- Relevant vocational experience
- HNC: Social Sciences SCQF Level 7
- HNC: Police Studies
- Other HNC courses that require some awareness of society and people.
- University courses
- Public service
- Community education
- Social Work
- You might need to buy one or more course texts (£8-£20 approximately)
- Apply online.
- We will invite you for a short interview, and you will be asked to complete a short written task.
- After applying, you will be sent a link to an online form. When completing this, please explain your reasons for your course choice, so that we can ensure you have applied to a course which will best meet your needs.