Sound Production, also known as Audio Production, is an exciting career combining creativity and technology. Develop your knowledge and skills for great jobs in music, film, television, radio, and the computer games industries. We'll equip you with all the skills you need to be successful in this exciting and in-demand career area.
As part of our Centre of Excellence: Media Production, you will have access to our sector-leading professional recording studio complex and specialist-equipped classrooms. Working on individual and group projects from the start of your course you will explore and experiment with the use of sound and sound/ music technology as you gather confidence and industry-ready skills and knowledge along the way.
- Sound, Audio and Music Production
- Recording Editing and Mixing
- Midi, Synthesis & Sampling
- Project Management and Problem Solving
- Live Sound and Sound Design
- Teamworking and Communication
- Research and Presentation Skills
- One year full-time
From inputs to outputs, you'll learn how to get the best results using our amazing equipment to record, edit and deliver creative projects. You'll learn how to use Digital Audio Workstations including Ableton and Pro-Tools. We'll help you to widen your musical appreciation and equip you with key elements of an exciting career path within the Creative Industries.
- Two National 5 Qualifications from any subject but ideally one from Music Technology, Music or English
- Intermediate Certificate: Broadcast Media SCQF Level 5 or similar
- Mature students will be considered on an individual basis ideally with a showreel and/ or relevant industry experience.
- HNC: Sound Production SCQF Level 7
- HND: Sound Production SCQF Level 8
- HNC: Media and Communication
- HNC: Television
- Music industry/ film/ theatre sound production assistant.
- Audio visual industry and games industry
- Stage crew/backline/band technician
- Sound production in the community
- Audio support industries
- You will be provided with a basic kit comprising headphones, file storage device(s)
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise.