Developed in partnership with Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh, this innovative BA: Creative Enterprise will equip you with the practical skills and expertise you need to transform your creative passion and talent into a sustainable freelance career.
Drawing on the success of creative ‘hubs’ and ‘incubators’, this multi-disciplinary programme will be open to those who have successfully completed an HND in a range of creative industries subjects, including Jewellery, Photography, Graphic Design/ Visual Communication, Interior Design and Computer Animation, Radio or Television, Sound Production or Media and Communication
You will continue to develop your creative practice under the guidance of a mentor while undertaking modules that explore finance, marketing, design thinking, project management, and social enterprise.
The course, delivered at the College’s Glenrothes Campus, will be led by staff with international business experience in the creative enterprise and their lived experience will ensure that all of the content is tailored towards the realities of working as a freelancer or running a small business within the creative industries.
From day one you will be encouraged to start developing your business and each module has been designed to support you in creating a business model that will work. As such, in the final year, you will also create a fully developed business plan rather than a dissertation for your honours project.
You will be taught in lectures, seminars, group working and in practical workshops. We have superb on-campus resources including computing, digital design, jewellery, sound, film, post production, furniture, & art studios in which you can independently develop your professional practice alongside your taught modules. You will be assessed in a wide array of ways across the course, including presentations, reflective journals, reports, essays, and oral examinations.:
- Enterprise Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Marketing and Financial Management Skills
- Communication Skills
- Critical Reflection Skills
- Personal Motivation and Resilience
- 1 year full-time
- Professional Practice Portfolio
- Producing Cultural Projects
- Marketing and Promotion for Creative Practitioners
- Finance and Fundraising for Creative Start-ups
- Industry Based Learning Project
- You must achieve at least a B pass for the Graded Units and have achieved 30 Credits from your HND
- You will need to submit an e-portfolio illustrating your creative practice and process.
- If you achieve the Creative Enterprise Ordinary Degree you could progress to the Honours year.
- It may also be possible to progress on to a degree at university from this course - see our HE and Degree Pathways guide for more information.
- Creative Business Entrepreneur
- Creative Service Provider
- Creative Process Facilitator
- Creative Educator
- Portable hard drive
- USB memory stick
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process.
- This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise