This course will continue to prepare you for careers in the accounting profession and finance generally. It will also provide you with the skills and knowledge required to deal with the major issues you are likely to encounter in your career. This degree course is delivered at Fife College in partnership with Abertay University and you will graduate with a degree awarded by Abertay University once successfully completed.
- Knowledge and understanding of the application of International Financial Standards, financial products to manage risk, auditing and the finance and accounting for multi-national companies.
- You will develop your ability to apply accounting concepts and standards across a wide variety of organisations.
- You will also have the opportunity to further improve your analytical skills, provide business solutions and begin to see how finance and accounting knowledge can be used to develop the strategy for national and international companies.
- One year full-time.
- Advanced international financial accounting
- International financial management
- Advanced Corporate finance
- Operations Management and Business Redesign
- Practice Based Innovation
- BA Accounting with Finance SCQF Level 9 studied at Fife College and awarded by Abertay University.
- Professional accounting qualifications such as ACCA, CIMA or ICAS (there are exemptions available for your degree, but these are looked ay by each professional institute). Post Graduate studies such as a Masters degree.
- Working with an accounting practice, utilising your skills and knowledge of financial accounting, auditing or taxation.
- Working within an industrial setting, utilising you skills and knowledge of management accounting and corporate finance.
- Each module has recommended reading which you are expected to purchase.
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process.
- This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise.