This course offers a progression route from HND: Additional Support Needs: Managing and Supporting the Services or HND: Social Sciences. This unique course is one of the most popular degrees at Fife College. It provides you with an opportunity to study at SCQF Level 9 and then progress to Honours degrees. This degree course is delivered at Fife College in partnership with Abertay University and successful students will graduate with a degree awarded by Abertay University.
- Academic studying
- Evaluative writing skills
- Research skills
- One year full-time
- Research methodology
- Psychology and social development
- Inclusive practice
- Educational policy and practice
- History of learning difficulties
- Research project
One of the following:
- HND: Additional Support Needs: Managing and Supporting the Services SCQF Level 8 with Graded Unit 2 at an A or B pass
- HND: Social Sciences SCQF Level 8 studied at Fife College with Graded Unit at A or B
- HND: Childhood Practice SCQF Level 8 studied at Fife College with Graded Unit at A or B
- Postgraduate courses in social work, primary school teaching, secondary school teaching or social work (check entry requirements with individual universities).
- Careers in social care and education.
- Students are required to purchase stationery and textbooks at an approximate total value of £150 and have access to the internet and ICT equipment to complete online study and submit assessments.
- Personal statement.
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise.