In response to industry demand for security specialists with strong skills in network technologies, this course is designed to give you a solid grounding within the technical themes of security and computer networks, cloud computing and virtualisation, and more generally within the theme of professional development.
Additionally, the technologies within each module will be delivered in the context of business enablers, giving you an insight into how businesses might deploy the technologies for competitive advantage.
This degree course is delivered at Fife College in partnership with Abertay University and successful students will graduate with a degree awarded by Abertay University.
- Managing computer networks projects
- Network technologies
- Cyber security
- Computer forensics
- Cloud and virtualisation technologies
- Computer networks group project
- One year full-time
One of the following studied at Fife College, accompanied by a successful interview and academic references:
- HND: Computing: Networking (with a graded unit 2 pass at A or B)
- HND: Computing: Technical Support (with a graded unit 2 pass at A or B)
In addition, applicants will also require a positive Internal Learner Reference (ILR).
- BSc (Hons) Computing at Abertay University
- Honours year of undergraduate programmes at various universities
- Network administrator
- Infrastructure analyst
- Network support engineer
- IT security analyst
- Network security engineer
- Computer forensics specialist
- Textbooks – approx. £60
- Individual interview with academic references