In response to industry demand for security specialists with strong skills in network technologies, this course is designed to give you a solid grounding within the technical themes of security and computer networks, cloud computing and virtualisation, and more generally within the theme of professional development.
Additionally, the technologies within each module will be delivered in the context of business enablers, giving you an insight into how businesses might deploy the technologies for competitive advantage.
This degree course is delivered at Fife College in partnership with Abertay University and successful students will graduate with a degree awarded by Abertay University.
- One year full-time
- Managing computer networks projects
- Network technologies
- Cyber security
- Computer forensics
- Cloud and virtualisation technologies
- Computer networks group project
One of the following studied at Fife College, accompanied by a successful information session and academic references:
- HND: Computing: Networking (with a Graded Unit 2 pass at Grade A or B)
- HND: Computing: Technical Support (with a Graded Unit 2 pass at Grade A or B)
- BSc (Hons) Computing at Abertay University
- Honours year of undergraduate programmes at various universities
- Network administrator
- Infrastructure analyst
- Network support engineer
- IT security analyst
- Network security engineer
- Computer forensics specialist
- Textbooks – approx. £60
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise