This course is designed for young people requiring some additional support, who are looking to progress onto further education or employment. You will work towards SQA qualifications and develop a better understanding of the demands and responsibilities of preparing for further study or work.
- You will learn all the skills and abilities to learn how to be an effective student.
- This course will develop your skills and confidence to learn all the skills to enter employment and volunteering.
- 18 weeks, 4 days per week.
- This course will enable you to develop retailing, food hygiene skills, investigations and employability and volunteering skills.
- You should ideally possess core skills qualifications at SCQF Level 3. These qualifications include numeracy, communication, working with others, problem solving and ICT.
- Alternatively, you will have completed another relevant college (e.g. Passport to College, or Prince's Trust).
- Internal candidates will be required to have a positive ILR too.
- You will develop skills that will allow you to consider opportunities for further vocational study at SCQF Level 4 or 5.
- Employment, volunteering and further studies.
- Vocational and further studies will be different for each individual.
- Interview and application form.