This course will build on your love of baking and cake-decorating, helping you discover more about the various options open to you so you can make an informed career choice, whilst enhancing your bread-making, cake decorating and pastry skills. This course will give you an excellent and varied foundation for entry into further qualifications such as SVQ in Bakery or other related areas whilst providing you with relevant practical skills for a bakery- related career. You will also be awarded a certificate by SQA for group award attainment.
- The National Progression Award in Bakery at SCQF level 4 will give you a platform which will allow you to develop appropriate bakery skills in bread-making, craft baking, pastry and cake decoration, to help you to progress into higher education or employment.
- The National Progression Award in Bakery contains four mandatory units which you need to successfully complete in order to gain the award.
- 18 weeks, full time with a mixture of online and face-to-face teaching.
- In-person 2 days per week and online 2 days per week.
- Craft baking
- Hygiene and safety
- Bread making
- Cake decorating
- A interest in baking, either as a hobby or if you wish to pursue a career within the bakery industry.
- Intermediate Certificate: Bakery
- This is supplied at cost price through the college, once purchased they become your own.