The world is full of creative content. Whether it's for fun, education, information or entertainment, people like to create and share content. Words, pictures, sound, video, graphics, logos and emoticons :-)
Whether you're a complete beginner or have some basic experience, you will learn how to create content that you will be proud of. You'll do this through hands-on projects. You will work in small groups or on your own with creative projects. You'll pitch your ideas and showcase the final output. You'll gain recognition for hard work, problem-solving, teamwork and especially so where you've applied your talent and skills in a uniquely positive way. You will be assessed through completion of projects with a relatively small amount of written work that supports your practical activities. There are no exams on this course
On this course you will improve the following skills:
- Planning, communication, numeracy, problem solving, team-work, creative approaches, video skills, lighting skills, editing skills, computer and digital skills.
- Employability Skills
- Work-ready and soft-skills
- This introductory Short Full-time course lasts 18 weeks. You are normally timetabled in college over two and a half days per week. You will also be expected to undertake at least another 1 day of study at home or in college.
- You'll study Content Creation for a variety of outputs; Radio, Television, Video etc and learn the tricks and techniques to acquiring knowledge and skills across the three interconnected areas. You'll contribute to our BOOM Student Radio station too. Your content creation skills will increase significantly.
- Achievement in Communication or English at SCQF Level 3 or above
- Achievement in other subjects are welcome including experience related to creativity and the use of language
- Upon successful completion you can join the Intermediated Certificate: Broadcast Media at SCQF Level 5
- Junior positions for creative content creators
- Some technical equipment will be supplied to support your ability to create digital content.
- Apply online and take part in an information session.
Expected Jobs 2020
Expected Jobs 2023
Statistics are representative based on National data collated and provided by Emsi Economic Modelling.