Passport to College is designed for young people requiring some additional support, who are unsure about what route to follow or need to gain confidence and qualifications to progress to further study or employment. Once on this course you will work towards SQA qualifications while gaining valuable experience of college life. You will be supported to progress on to further study or employment.
- Employability skills
- Core skills
- Research and presentation skills
- Working with others through enterprise and events
- 18 weeks, 3 days per week.
- This course covers a wide range of skills, such as Employability skills, Volunteering skills, assisting and running an event, IT skills.
- This will also enable you to build the skills and experience required to help you enter the work force or further study.
- You should ideally possess core skills qualifications at SCQF level 3. These qualifications include numeracy, communication, working with others, problem solving and ICT.
- Alternatively, they will have completed another relevant college course in supported programmes or Prince's Trust.
- Internal candidates will be required to have a positive ILR too.
- Successful completion of this course may give you the opportunity to progress to Certificate: Access to Further Education, OR; Certificate: Access to Employment ( both January to June).
- This will prepare you for progressing to various college courses or employment.
- Employment, volunteering, or further vocational study.
- Interview and application form