This Foundation Apprenticeship (FA) will give you the chance to develop the skills and knowledge to enter a career in the accounting, finance, and business sectors. This is a 2 year course studied over two afternoons per week.
You will learn about the preparation and analysis of accounting information, Professional values for accountancy, taxation and book-keeping/accounts preparation. This course provides real life experiences, work placements along with classroom activity, industry talks and visits.
- Finance skills
- Communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Time management
- Preparing management accounting information
- Analysing account information
- Preparing financial accounting information
- Recording data in the ledger
- Professional values for accountancy
- Advanced bookkeeping
- Final Accounts preparation
- Indirect Tax
- Work placement
- School Transitional Form
- 4 National 5s at grade C or above, one of which must be Maths.
- You must be capable of working at SCQF Level 6 (Higher)
- An excellent attendance record in school
FAs are accepted by colleges and universities as part of their entry requirements. For full details, check out apprenticeships.scot.
Fife College will accept achievement of the FA in Accountancy as equivalent to two Highers which will support you to gain entry to:
- HNC: Accounting SCQF level 7
- Trainee accountant
- Finance assistant
- Payroll assistant
- Accounting finance
- Insurance bookkeeping
- MA in accountancy