This is the first year entry level 3D design course specialising in Interior Design, introducing the skills needed to design spaces and places for people, creating interior schemes and solving problems to improve the world around us. It enables you to develop the creative process, hand and CAD drawing skills, while gaining the technical skills needed for jobs in the interior design profession, or to build a portfolio to gain access into the HND level course, or a place at university.
- hand skills
- Visual perception
- problem solving
- One year full-time.
- This course is also offered as a School College Partnership Course.
- Developmental drawing
- The creative process
- Digital imaging (2D CAD)
- Art and design project
- Interior design projects
- Interior design: construction and detail
One of the following:
- National Certificate: Architecture and Interior Design SCQF Level 6
- Another related course at SCQF Level 6
- One Higher at Grade C or above in Art and Design or Graphic Communication, plus National 5 English at Grade C or above.
- An appropriate portfolio of artwork.
- School pupils wishing to apply for the School College Partnership course option should speak to their school for entry requirements.
- HND: 3D Interior Design SCQF Level 8.
This course may lead to a variety of careers in, for example:
- Interior design and architectural practices
- Space planning consultancies
- Property developments
- Shop and office fitting
- Museum and exhibition design
- All PPE supplied by the college.
- You will be invited for a group and/or individual informal discussion where you will get the opportunity to find out more about the course and tell us why you are interested in this subject area.
- At the discussion you will be asked to provide examples of your art and design work.