This course allows you to study a variety of creative arts including life drawing, painting, 2D and 3D design skills, printmaking, and mixed media. During the course, you will develop a substantial portfolio and also take part in an exhibition of your own work, which will all help prepare for employment or your next step to Higher Education. This course is suitable for school leavers who have studied Higher Art and Design as well as adult returners who have considerable art experience.
This course will help enhance your skill-set and prepare you for employment.
Skills you will learn include:
- Life Drawing
- 2D and 3D Design Skills
- Mixed Media
- One year full-time
- Creative process
- Art and design project
- Developmental drawing
- Observational drawing
- Art and design: portfolio production
- Art and design: graded unit 1
- Art and design: context
- Illustration techniques
- Mixed Media Techniques
- Painting Project
- Life Drawing
- Printmaking and Producing Print
One of the following:
- Minimum of two Highers at Grade C or above, including English and Art
- National Certificate: Art, and Design SCQF Level 6
- National Certificate: Jewellery SCQF Level 6
- Another appropriate creative course at SCQF Level 6
- Mature students will be considered on an individual basis based on a portfolio of art and design work in their field of study and experience
- Relevant industry experience and/or other qualifications will be considered on an individual basis
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise
- Portfolio as required or evidence of art and design projects/artefacts
- HND: Art and Design
- Art school/university as well as HND Year 2 Level 8
- Wide variety of employment opportunities depending on particular discipline or area of expertise.
- Portfolio of art work.
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise.