The main aims of the HNC Business Awards are to enable candidates to acquire the skills and knowledge needed to progress to a higher level of their study in the Business subject area, or take an exit route into related employment within a business environment.
You will develop skills and knowledge in key business functions such as management, marketing, and finance.
These qualifications also help enhance relevant knowledge and skills in economics, communication, problem solving and information and communication technology.
Specifically it will
- enable candidates to enter a range of administrative, commercial or managerial positions in organisations
- develop suitable competencies to enhance an administrative, commercial or managerial career on which they have already embarked
- develop candidate competencies in a range of specialist areas of their choice in line with their preferred career pattern
- provide a basis for future career and personal development
- adopt an innovative and creative approach to their work and be able to respond quickly to the challenges posed by changes in the business environment
- develop and apply a range of vocational knowledge and skills in an integrated manner to the analysis of business situations
- develop a global understanding of business, marketing and consumer issues
Marketing, Managing people and organisations, Business Accounting. Economic issues, Communications, IT applications Software, Spreadsheets, Graded unit and two optional units to make up 12 credits required for HNC qualification.
At least one relevant Higher at level C or above, eg Business, English. Other Highers may be considered.Future Progression
Fife College will accept achievement of this course for progression to HND in Business Year 2.
Students wishing to progress to HND will be required to pick up additional credits (3 credits) in either the year of study or 2nd Year. This can be achieved by studying on-line or attending evening or Saturday morning classes.
- Administrative Officer
- Administration Supervisor
- Assistant Manager
- Business Development Assistant
- Business Manager
- Customer Service Coordinator
- Office Manager
- Personal Assistant
- Planning Officer
- Purchasing Officer
- Team Leader
- Trainee Manager