By studying this course, you will gain knowledge of the challenges and current thinking in business and, in particular, the challenges of decision making and of managing people effectively in organisations. You will develop your skills in managing your own performance and that of others.
You will study, among other subjects, human resource management, economics, strategy and management, marketing, and finance.
- One year full-time
- Two years part-time (infill, day release)
- Managing people and organisations
- Economics: an introduction
- Marketing: an introduction
- Business accounting
- ICT in business: spreadsheets
- Information technology: applications software
- Business: Graded Unit 1
One of the following:
- One Higher at Grade C or above in a relevant subject plus four National 5s at Grade C or above
- Foundation Apprenticeship: Business Skills SCQF Level 6
- Foundation Apprenticeship: Financial Services SCQF Level 6
- Intermediate Certificate: Business Enterprise including a minimum of 12 SQA credits
- Relevant industry experience and/or other qualifications will be considered on an individual basis
School pupils wishing to apply for the School College Partnership course option should speak to their school for entry requirements.
- Direct progression to year 2 of HND: Business (with Management)
- It is possible to progress on to a degree at university from this course - see our HE and Degree Pathways guide for more information
Employment in both public and private sector organisations in a range of business functions, such as:
- Human resource management
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process
- This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise