By studying this course, you will gain knowledge of the challenges and current thinking in business and, in particular, the challenges of decision making and of managing people effectively in organisations. You will study, among other subjects, human resource management, economics, strategy and management, marketing, and finance.
You will develop a range of personal and professional skills including:
- Team working
- Problem solving
Through working on tasks and projects with your class colleagues, you will build your:
- Leadership and
- Two years part-time.
The HNC includes mandatory and optional units of study. The optional units that you will study have been selected to provide a wide range of business awareness from understanding the different functions in a business, to the specialist area of Human Resource Management. Additionally, technical subjects such as Spreadsheets will provide you with the IT and data analysis skills to interpret and use information to help to diagnose and solve business issues. These optional subjects are underpinned by mandatory units:
- Business Fundamentals and Emergent Technologies
- Managing People and Organisations
Graded Unit – which is an opportunity for you to demonstrate your understanding of how the different subjects are integrated.
- 2 Highers in relevant subjects and 4 National 5's OR relevant work experience.
- Direct progression to year 2 of HND: Business (with Management).
- It is possible to progress on to a degree at university from this course - see our HE and Degree Pathways guide for more information.
- You can progress into employment in a range of roles and industries. Opportunities include working in Human Resources, Administration or Finance within the public sector. These roles allow you to support the essential work of the NHS, local government and other public bodies such as Police Scotland or the Civil Service.
- In the private sector you would have the opportunity to work in Marketing, Human Resource Management, Finance and Administration in many different areas such as banking, retail, travel and hospitality.
- With the range of knowledge and skills developed in this course, you have the starting point that can help you to open many different doors to employment.
- Online application process.