Computer animation is experiencing an explosion in its use within areas such as the web and mobile apps, multimedia platforms, games, phones, SFX, TV and film.
This course will develop your 3D computer modelling and animation skills through the extensive use of industry-leading software including Autodesk 3D Studio Max, Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects, and Animate.
You will participate in a range of creative, client based briefs, which are designed to develop your conceptual thinking and improve your skills within the digital domain. By the end of this course, you will be able to create 3D computer models and animations for use within the computer games, TV, film, and architectural industries.
- Advanced 3D modelling techniques
- Character modelling
- Environment Modelling
- Rigging and kinematics for animation
- Fundamentals of morph and key frame animation
- Mapping and texturing techniques
- Digital and traditional drawing skills and visualisation
- 3D Printing
- Four National 5s at Level C or above, which must include two from the following subjects: Art, English, Graphic Communication (or similar), or Computing
- You should also be able to provide an art or computing based portfolio, showing some of the projects you have worked on
Undertaking this course would allow you direct entry into the final year of the HND: Computer Animation at Fife College and possible progression into year 2 or 3 at a Scottish University for a computer games or animation related course.
- 3D computer modeller and animator
- Computer games animation developer
- Motion Graphics Animator
- Digital effects creator
- Architectural Visualisation Specialist
- Computer modelling for manufacturing engineer