This course is designed to increase the number SCQF points required for entry to the HND Childhood Practice. Three units will be required to be successfully achieved to meet mandatory entry requirements of 15 SQA Credits / 120 SCQF points, and will be delivered through supported online learning.
- leadership skills
- good communicator
- This part-time study is across one academic year.
The key features included in these units is a focus on the job roles of those aspiring to advance their practice within the Childhood Practice sector. The award will give learners the opportunity to consolidate and reflect on their own work experience, and begin the undetaking of study at an advanced level in readiness of HND requirements. x
Some of the units that have been selected include: • Supporting Contemporary Families
• Collaborative Working
• Social Science: Research and Methodology
• Promote the Development of Children and Young People
THREE units must be chosen from the selection above to meet the required entry requirements.
- Learners accessing this award will hold a practitioner qualification as required by the SSSC, for example, HNC Childhood Practice/SVQ Social Services (Children and Young People) at SCQF level 7 or any previous Practitioner award recognised by the SSSC. In addition, learners should ideally be working in, or have access to a placement in the Childhood Practice sector.
- Learners can progress to the HND Childhood Practice at SCQF level 8. From here learners can progress to the BA Childhood Practice or PDA Childhood Practice at SCQF level 9. Both these qualifications are the SSSC registration requirements for manager/lead practitioner.
- Practitioner in an Early Years and Childcare setting
- Students are required to purchase stationery and textbooks at an approximate total value of £40 and have access to the internet and ICT equipment to complete online study
• Evidence of SSSC Registration at Practitioner Level
• Qualifications as detailed on application
• Information / interview session
• Eligibility for membership of the PVG scheme