This qualification is suitable for you if you are employed within the Facilities Management sector and working in or seeking to progress to a supervisory and/or management role.
- Dunfermline Campus
- Distance learning
The specific aims of the HNC in Facilities Management are to develop your knowledge and skills in relation to:
- The role of facilities manager.
- The role and management of support services operations within a Facilities Management context.
- Stakeholder relationships and the Facilities Manager's role in the management of these.
- Health and Safety in relation to Facilities Management.
- Sustainability and environmental issues and their impact within a Facilities Management environment.
- The management of people both within individual teams and the wider Facilities Management industry.
- Project management as a tool for Facilities Managers.
- Financial management within a Facilities Managers context.
- Facilities management strategy and its use within the business environment.
The HNC has been primarily designed to be delivered to those who are working within the field of Facilities Management and can utilise their skills and experience:
- Any relevant group award at SCQF level 6
- Any two National Qualifications at SCQF level 6 together with three passes at SCQF level 5 or above
- An SVQ at SCQF level 7 in a relevant area eg. Facilities Management
- Different combinations of relevant and equivalent qualifications from other awarding bodies
- Relevant work experience will be considered for those without the above qualifications.
- Middle management and senior management within the facilities management sector