Fife has a long history of providing training for the furniture industry, and we continue to develop the highest standards of skill and craftsmanship for which this course is recognised. Design and manufacture projects are integrated to fully enhance the design and make ethos and the course aims to enable you to develop innovative and creative designs for furniture related artefacts.
- Hand skills
- Design practices
- Industry processes
- One year full-time
- Furniture: machine function and use
- Furniture: modern upholstery
- Furniture: Graded Unit 1
- Furniture workshop project
- Furniture: veneering
- Art and design project
One of the following:
- National Certificate: Furniture SCQF Level 5
- Higher Craft Design at Grade C or above
- Higher Product Design at Grade C or above
- An appropriate portfolio of design work
- HND: 3D Design (Furniture and Product Design) SCQF Level 8.
This course may lead to a variety of careers:
- Furniture designer/maker
- Designer in manufacturing industry
- Shop fitting industry
- Independent furniture maker
- You will be invited for a group and/or individual informal discussion where you will get the opportunity to find out more about the course and tell us why you are interested in this subject area.
- At the discussion you will be asked to provide examples of your art and design work.