Our new and exciting HNC course will motivate and inspire hairdressers currently working in industry through creative practical units, increased awareness of social media promotions and understanding the importance of artistic photographic images.
Learners will be inspired through creative cutting and colouring, developing practical skills to enhance their client experience. You will learn the importance of embracing social media and how to promote your own business through beautiful photographic images.
You will learn new skills for client consultation through detailed hair and scalp analysis and considered product selection using professional products.
For those who would like to teach or train in future there will be an additional option to do the Assessors Award in conjunction with your course, cost £350.
- You will add value to your client experience, maximising salon revenue and increasing professional image
- 18 months - two years part time
- Six hours per week
- One day (Monday) or two evenings (Monday and Tuesday) a week
- Creative cutting
- Creative colouring,
- Social media
- Graded unit
- Hair and scalp treatments
- Work placement
- An all-black dress code is mandatory for the course
- You are required to provide your own models for assessment
- You are required to provide your own working kit for client use
- SVQ: Hairdressing SCQF Level 6
- Relevant industry experience and/or other qualifications will be considered on an individual basis
There are a number of progression routes from this award into qualifications such as:
- Professional Development Award: Barbering Practice SCQF Level 7
- Professional Development Award: Hairdressing Practice SCQF Level 8
- Progression to employment within the hairdressing industry or progress to further study
- Choosing the Assessors Award additional option could lead to employment as trainer/lecturer
- There will be opportunities on course to purchase additional tools and equipment, from professional suppliers, to supplement their own working kit
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise
- You will be asked to provide examples of commercial cuts and colours at this point