Our exciting HNC course will motivate and inspire hairdressers currently working in industry through creative practical units, increased awareness of social media promotions and understanding the importance of artistic photographic images. You will be inspired through creative cutting and colouring, developing practical skills to enhance your client experience.
- You will add value to your client experience, maximising salon revenue and increasing professional image.
- 18 months - two years part time
- Six hours per week
- One day (Monday) or two evenings (Monday and Tuesday) a week
- Creative cutting
- Creative colouring,
- Social media
- Graded unit
- Hair and scalp treatments
- Work placement
- You are required to provide your own models for assessment
- You are required to provide your own working kit for client use
- SVQ: Hairdressing SCQF Level 6
- Relevant industry experience and/or other qualifications will be considered on an individual basis
There are a number of progression routes from this award into qualifications such as:
- Professional Development Award: Barbering Practice SCQF Level 7
- Professional Development Award: Hairdressing Practice SCQF Level 8
- Progression to employment within the hairdressing industry or progress to further study
Choosing the Assessors Award additional option could lead to employment as trainer/lecturer.
- There will be opportunities on course to purchase additional tools and equipment, from professional suppliers, to supplement their own working kit
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise
- You will be asked to provide examples of commercial cuts and colours at this point