This course offers a comprehensive range of skills in jewellery design and manufacture. There is a range of jewellery specific projects that are design-led. This will allow you to develop specialisms appropriate to your own interests as well as the current business environment. You will be introduced to 3D design using 3D software, haptic control, and 3D printing. Hands-on, highly practical and rooted in traditional techniques, this course is the ideal core to develop your creativity and imagination.
- A wide range of practical jewellery, design and digital skills.
- One year full-time
- Stone setting
- 3D modelling techniques
- Work experience
- Small business
In addition to a portfolio of art and design or jewellery making, you must possess one of the following:
- Higher Art and Design at Grade C or above plus National 5 English at Grade C or above
- National Certificate: Art and Design course SCQF Level 6
- Advanced Certificate: Jewellery SCQF level 6
- Mature students will be considered on an individual basis based on evidence of creativity, relevant qualifications and/or work experience
- HND: Jewellery SCQF Level 8.
- It is possible to progress on to a degree at university from this course - see our HE and Degree Pathways guide for more information.
- Self-employed jeweller, employed in the jewellery industry.
- You may be required to pay a £50 deposit for a kit.
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process.
- This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise
- At the discussion, you will be asked to provide examples of your art and design work