PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A SCP COURSE ONLY
This course offers a variety of prospective career paths, most notably a future in the legal industry, but also access to professions such as management, finance, and business.
Your studies will be fully distance learning conducted via supported online classes.
- Personal effectiveness, organisation, perseverance and resilience
- Self-motivation, self-direction and independent learners
- Collaborative working and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills and flexibility
- One year full-time
- The Scottish Legal System
- Property law
- Commercial law
- Scots private law
- Criminology: The Accused’s Journey
- Business Communication
- Legal research techniques
At least one relevant Higher at level C or above in relevant subjects (e.g. Business, English, Modern Studies, English, History, Admin & IT, Religious, Moral & Philosophical Studies, Computing, Geography, Maths or Science based subjects)
Students wishing to progress to HND will be required to pick up additional credits (3 credits) in either the year of study or 2nd Year. This can be achieved by studying on-line or attending evening or Saturday morning classes.
Public sector legal departments
A contribution to the costs of any outside visits undertaken as part of the course