This is an advanced level course which will equip you with the wide variety of skills and knowledge that you will need if you are looking ahead to employment in the manufacturing industry. including advanced manufacturing and automation.
- You will have opportunities to learn and understand the core principles and technologies that underpin Manufacturing Engineering. This will be essential in providing you with a platform for tackling many manufacturing tasks and in allowing you to develop a more in-depth knowledge of Manufacturing Engineering.
- You will develop sound, practical, manufacturing-based skills in investigation, construction, measurement, testing and project management that are critical to being a good manufacturing technician and/or incorporated engineer.
- One year full-time
- Two years part-time – one day per week (day release)
- Process and equipment selection
- Computer aided design (CAD)
- Quality management
- Engineering principles
- Economics of manufacture
- Engineering mathematics 1
- Information technology
- Graded unit 1 (manufacturing)
- Engineering measurement
- Engineering drawing
- Materials selection
- Workshop skills (full-time only)
One of the following:
- Two Highers, one at Grade C and the other at Grade D or above. One of these must be in Maths, with the other being Physics or a Technology subject
- Foundation Apprenticeship: Engineering SCQF Level 6
- Advanced Certificate: Manufacturing Engineering (including a pass on the unit mech eng principles and Maths: Tech 2)
- Another relevant course at SCQF Level 6
- Please note: you must be employed within the industry to apply for the Modern Apprenticeship
- This course provides the underpinning knowledge for a Modern Apprenticeship, and equips potential technicians with the skills to undertake various roles in design, manufacture or services, in a wide range of industries