This HNC course at SCQF Level 7 is ideal if you are interested developing a high level of knowledge and skills in the area of Manufacturing Engineering to make you work-ready for a career in this industry.
This course will equip you with the wide variety of skills and knowledge that you will need if you are looking ahead to employment in the manufacturing industry. including advanced manufacturing and automation.
According to a recent Skills Development Scotland report, in 2019 the highest value sector in Fife was Manufacturing with a Gross Value Add (GVA) of £1.4 billion.
By 2029, Manufacturing is forecast to have one of the greatest increases in GVA output increasing by over £135 million and Manufacturing is also one of the top 3 largest employing sectors in Fife.
So, there is no better time to start your career in Manufacturing!
- One year full-time
- Two years part-time – one day per week (day release)
- Process and equipment selection
- Computer aided design (CAD)
- Quality management
- Engineering principles
- Economics of manufacture
- Engineering mathematics 1
- Information technology
- Graded unit 1 (manufacturing)
- Engineering measurement
- Engineering drawing
- Materials selection
- Workshop skills (full-time only)
One of the following:
- Two Highers, one at Grade C and the other at Grade D or above. One of these must be in Maths, with the other being Physics or a Technology subject
- Foundation Apprenticeship: Engineering SCQF Level 6
- Advanced Certificate: Manufacturing Engineering (including a pass on the unit mech eng principles and Maths: Tech 2)
- Another relevant course at SCQF Level 6
- Please note: you must be employed within the industry to apply for the Modern Apprenticeship
- Possible progression on to a degree course
- This course provides the underpinning knowledge for a Modern Apprenticeship, and equips potential technicians with the skills to undertake various roles in design, manufacture or services, in a wide range of industries