COURSE INFORMATIONThis course is ideal if you are interested in progressing to University or developing a high level of knowledge and skills in the area of Mechanical Engineering to make you work-ready for a career in this industry. You will also have the opportunity to study advanced units in mathematics.
- Knowledge and understanding of Mechanical Engineering principles.
- One year full-time
- Two years day release
- Infill by arrangement
- Engineering Maths 1, 2 (3 optional)
- IT applications
- Materials selection
- Quality management
- Statics & strength of materials
- Computer aided design
- Engineering principles
- Pneumatics & Hydraulics
- Design for Manufacture
- Graded Unit 1
- Two Highers at Grade C or above, one of which must be Maths with the other coming from Physics or Engineering Science (Grade D will be considered for exceptional candidates).
- Foundation Apprenticeship: Engineering SCQF Level 6.
- National Certificate: Mechanical Engineering SCQF Level 6 (including Maths: Tech 2).
- Another relevant course at SCQF Level 6 (incorporating Maths: Tech 1 and 2) accompanied by a good academic reference recommending articulation to a higher level.
- Relevant industry experience and/or other qualifications will be considered on an individual basis.
- Opportunities in mechanical, design, project and production engineering.
- The managerial aspects of the course may also lend themselves to leadership roles within industry.
- Scientific calculator
- Basic drawing and note taking equipment
- Apply online.
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise.
Expected Jobs 2020
Expected Jobs 2023
Statistics are representative based on National data collated and provided by Emsi Economic Modelling.