This course is ideal for you if you have an interest in fashion make-up and wish to work within the fashion industry. From runway and fashion make-up to editorial and catwalk, this fashion make-up course is designed to explore the creative elements of the fashion world, taking you on a personal journey of discovery; from flawless and classic make-up looks, to the creative, cutting edge looks of the runway.
- You will develop your skills and creativity in a variety of make-up applications and creative hairdressing techniques
- This will include working on models and live projects
- You will be required to work on each other in class and to source your own models for assessments
- One year full-time
- Classes can be timetabled Monday to Friday and will include evenings
- Essential make-up skills
- Fashion make-up
- Runway and editorial make-up and hair
- Work placement
- Presentation and promotional skills
- Hairdressing techniques
- Make-up and hair for a photo shoot
- Make-up, hair and costume
- Eyelash enhancements
- Graded unit
You will be taught by a team of professional make-up artists, who will mentor you with their wealth of experience, talent and success. They will teach you the skills and knowledge to become not only a professional fashion make-up artist, but also a trendsetter, helping you to carve your unique style within the fashion industry and discover your own identity as a make-up artist.
- Make-up Artistry, Hairdressing or Beauty qualification at SCQF Level 5 or 6
- Relevant experience in hairdressing, make-up or beauty will be considered on an individual basis
You will also need to demonstrate that you are passionate about fashion make-up and that you are determined to succeed in the industry.
- HND: Make-up Artistry SCQF Level 8
Once qualified you could seek employment in Make-up salons.
Retail and the Fashion and photographic industries.
- You are required to purchase your own kit which is approx. £500
- Kits are ordered directly from the supplier and paid for by the student
- The college does not provide funding for these student kits
Group information session followed by individual interview