This course is ideal for those who have an interest in Fashion and Runway Make-up and wish to work within the fashion industry. You will develop your skills and creativity in a variety of make-up applications and creative hairdressing techniques. This will include working on models and live projects. Students are required to work on each other in class and to source their own models for assessments.
you will develop a wide range of make-up practical skills that will enable you to consider employment in the following areas:
- product houses
- self employment as make-up artist within a salon environment or independently
- One year full-time
- Classes can be timetabled Monday to Friday and will include evenings
- Essential Make-up
- Current fashion and classic make-up
- Runway and editorial make-up
- Promotional and presentation skills
- Work placement
- Hair for fashion make-up
- Make-up and hair for a photoshoot
- Eye enhancements
- Eyebrow artistry
- SCQF6 Make-up Artistry or Hairdressing qualification
- External candidates will be considered if they have:
- Hairdressing or Make-up artistry industry experience.
- HND: Make-up Artistry SCQF Level 8
- Once qualified you could seek employment in Make-up salons.
- Retail and the Fashion and photographic industries.
- Students are required to purchase their own Kit which is approx. £500.
- This quote is subject to change in relation with suppliers and must be purchased before the start of the course.
Group information session followed by individual interview