This course will introduce you to basic payroll procedures both manually and using a commercially produced payroll software package.
- 12 weeks
- Part-time (evening)
- This course is delivered part time in the evening and will run for 12 weeks, although some candidates may complete in a shorter timescale
- You will cover how to prepare and operate manual payroll records, payroll records, pay calculations, statutory deductions, statutory payments, year-end payroll returns, HMRC forms/documentation. Process payroll using a commercial software package: payroll software, pay elements, statutory deductions, statutory payments, year-end payroll returns, HMRC documentation, management, and storage of data
- You should have good keyboarding skills and be competent in communication and numeracy
- You will have the option of continuing to study the PDA in Book-keeping; HNC Accounting or HNC in Administration and Information Technology
- This course provides an additional skill for someone employed in a book-keeping environment