The HNC is exactly the same as the HND year 1 but allows successful students the option to leave with an HNC or continue on to the HND year 2.
This is a highly practical course where your creative photographic techniques will develop along with your technical and practical skillsets. Working in our dedicated photography studios you will acquire skills that are commercially relevant for a variety of roles in the photography industry.
Working on your own and with others on live briefs will prepare you equally well for employment or self-employment or for progression to a degree at university. We will support you to become confident in how to manage your time, resources and workflow and encourage you to explore a wide range of photographic techniques.
- One year full-time
- Normally delivered over 2-3 days
- Studio still life
- Darkroom techniques
- Photography theory
- Digital imaging
- Exhibition photography
- Advertising photography
- Image editing
- Alternative photography processes
- Fashion photography
- Stock photography
- Social and documentary
- Moving image
A digital portfolio of photography consisting of 12-20 images over a range of subjects and styles e.g. a PDF file and one of the following:
- One Higher at Grade C or above, ideally from Photography, Art & Design or English plus two National 5s at Grade C or above
- Achievement of Photography at SCQF Level 6
- HND: Photography Year 2 SCQF Level 8
- Photography degrees at university