This course will develop your 3D computer modelling and animation skills through the extensive use of industry-leading software including Autodesk 3D Studio Max & Maya, Adobe Premiere, Photoshop & After Effects, Animate, ZBrush, Maxon One and Substance Painter.
You will participate in a range of creative, client-based briefs, which are designed to develop your conceptual thinking and improve your skills within the digital domain. By the end of this course, you will be able to create 3D computer models and animations for use within the computer games, TV, film, and architectural industries.
- Digital Design
- 3D Modelling and Sculpting
- Character Design
- Film & Animation
- Drawing and Concept Art
- One year full-time
- Advanced 3D Modelling techniques
- Introduction to the Creative Industries
- Fundamentals of Morph and Key Frame animation/animation
- 2D Motion graphics and animation
- Digital and traditional drawing skills and visualisation
- HNC 3D Computer Animation SCQF Level 7 - 15 credits
- 3D Computer Modeller and Animator
- Computer Games Animation Developer
- Motion Graphics Animator
- Digital Effects Creator
- Architectural Visualisation Specialist
- Computer Modelling for Manufacturing Engineer
- You will be expected to purchase sketch books for use during the course.
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion or a skills-based exercise.
- You should bring a reference and a visual portfolio with you. The visual portfolio should show examples of previous artwork, digital designs, or computer-based work as part of the process.
- In the case of Fife School leavers, the College will request a Transition Form from the school.