This course will provide you with the full range of competencies to meet the requirements of employers recruiting accounting staff. It will also give you the scope to develop and progress in a variety of ways within organisations of all types and sizes.
- You will begin to develop skills and knowledge in the application of accounting concepts and standards.
- You will further develop your analytical and problem solving skills whilst enhancing your communication and presentation skills, as you gain more understanding of how financial information shapes wider business decisions.
- One year full-time
- Financial reporting and analysis
- Accounting for specialised transactions
- Business taxation
- Management accounting for decision making
- Management accounting for planning and control
- Direct entry into year 2 (HND) requires the full successful completion of the related HNC with 15 SQA credits.
- If you do not currently have the full 15 SQA credits please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further support on the options available to you to be accepted onto this HND course.
- BA Accounting with Finance SCQF Level 9.
- It is possible to progress on to a degree at university from this course - see our HE and Degree Pathways Guide for more information.
- Accounts/audit assistant
- Credit controller
- Sales ledger/purchase ledger clerk
- Financial controller
- Financial analyst
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process.
- This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise.