Throughout the course, you will gain knowledge of the challenges and current thinking in business and, in particular, the challenges of decision making and of managing people effectively in organisations. You will develop your skills in managing your own performance and that of others.
You will develop a range of personal and professional skills including:
- Team working
- Problem solving
- Through working on tasks and projects with your class colleagues, you will build your confidence, adaptability and determination
- One year - full time
The HND includes mandatory and optional units of study.
- Preparing Financial Forecasts
- Business Sustainability
- Advanced Spreadsheets
- Business Law
- Business Culture and Strategy
- Project Management, incorporating decision-making and risk
- Graded Unit 2 – this is a research project, allowing you to demonstrate that you can use the wide range of skills and knowledge developed throughout the course
Direct entry into year 2 (HND) requires the full, successful completion of the related HNC with 15 SQA credits.
For applicants who do not currently have the full 15 SQA credits, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further support on the options available to you to be accepted onto this HND course.
- BA: Business Management SCQF Level 9 at Fife College.
- It is possible to progress to a degree at university from this course - see our HE and Degree Pathways Guide for more information.
- You can progress into employment in a range of roles and industries. Opportunities include working in Human Resources, Administration or Finance within the public sector. These roles allow you to support the essential work of the NHS, local government and other public bodies such as Police Scotland or the Civil Service.
- In the private sector you would have the opportunity to work in Marketing, Human Resource Management, Finance and Administration in many different areas such as banking, retail, travel and hospitality.
- With the range of knowledge and skills developed in this course, you have the starting point that can help you to open many different doors to employment.
- Online application process.