This qualification is suitable for learners who hold a practitioner qualification as specified by the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC). In addition, learners should be working in, or have access to a placement in the Childhood Practice sector. Due to the diversity of roles within the sector learners may not be working directly with children but may be in a coordinating role.
- leadership skills
- good communicator
- Full-time study is one academic year and days of study are different depending on campus.
The key features included in this award focus on the job roles of those aspiring to advance their practice within the Childhood Practice sector. The award will give learners the opportunity to consolidate and reflect on their own work experience to advance their learning beyond that of the practitioner role.
Some of the units that you will study include:
- Enhanced Professional Practice
- Leadership and Team Working
- Integrated and Collaborative Working
- Pedagogical Approaches
- Sociology of Childhood
- This qualification is suitable for learners who hold a practitioner qualification as specified by the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC). In addition, learners should be working in, or have access to a placement in the Childhood Practice sector and have acquired 120 credits points at SCQF level 7 (HNC Childhood Practice) prior to undertaking the award.
- Learners can progress to the BA Childhood Practice or PDA Childhood Practice at SCQF level 9. Both these qualifications are the SSSC registration requirements for manager/lead practitioner.
- Manager/lead practitioner in Early Learning and Childcare Centres
- Students are required to purchase stationery and textbooks at an approximate total value of £100 and have access to the internet and ICT equipment to complete online study
• Evidence of interest in the childcare sector from a personal statement
• Qualifications as detailed on application
• Information session
• Written task
• 1:1 conversation / interview
• Must be 17 years of age at start of study
• Eligibility for membership of the PVG scheme