If you are excited by the prospect of managing, coordinating, and creating a wide range of events and conferences, then this is the course for you. Opportunities for employment will be diverse, challenging, and rewarding. You will have the opportunity to participate in many college and external events.
The course will aid the development of transferable skills which are applicable to further study.
You will learn through a mixture of role play, practical work, and theory. You will be expected to participate and contribute in class and study outwith class as needed, including independent and self-directed study.
Assessment is through your coursework and both open and closed book assessments.
- Digital skills
- Entrepreneurial skills
- Customer care
- IT skills
- Personal effectiveness
- Vocationally relevant employability skills
- Knowledge of tourist destinations and the different roles you could work in
- Synthesis of information
- Independent learning skills
- One year full-time
- Event management
- Marketing and public relations
- Managing an event
- Preparing and presenting a business plan
- Event legislation
- Conferences and exhibitions
- Contemporary issues and influences
- Managing financial resources
- Event budgeting
- Work experience
- HNC: Events SCQF Level 7 (with 15 Credits)
- Events manager
- Conference organiser
- Self-employed events coordinator
- Exhibition organiser
- Corporate hospitality and promoter
- Live performance manager
- If practical training/visits are arranged, you will be required to make a contribution to the cost
- Completion of HNC: Events SCQF Level 7 (with 15 Credits) will result in the college offering you an unconditional offer