Developed to meet the demands of employers, this HND provides advanced study for those with a relevant qualification, Highers, or practical experience. Your creativity will thrive on this course as you learn about fashion design, textile and market research, pattern cutting, garment manufacture, fashion promotion, merchandising, and selling.
- This course develops your practical skills for fashion design, pattern cutting, garment manufacture, fashion promotion, merchandising, and selling.
- Two years full-time.
Year 1 - Level 7
- Fashion: Commercial Design
- Fashion Merchandising
- Fashion: Textile Technology
- Digital Imaging
- Marketing: An Introduction
- Pattern and Garment Construction
Year 2 - Level 8
- Store Design
- Designing and Producing Fashion Garments: Advanced
- Pattern and Garment construction
- Fashion Forecasting: Research and Development
- Portfolio Production
- Managing an Event
- Direct entry into year 2 (HND) requires the full, successful completion of the SCQF Level 7 HNC Fashion Design and Production with Retail course with 15 SQA credits.
- For applicants who do not currently have the full 15 SQA credits, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org further support on the options available to you to be accepted onto this HND course.
- BA (Hons): Creative Enterprise.
- It is possible to progress on to a degree at university from this course - see our HE and Degree Pathways guide for more information.
- Wide variety of career opportunities
- Store design
- Fashion design
- Fabric – approx. £50
- Textbooks – approx. £30
- Online application.
- Satisfactory personal statement.
- Successful interview – please bring an art/fashion related portfolio with you if you have one (although this is not essential).