The HND Year 2 in Fitness, Health and Exercise (SCQF level 8) builds on the HNC Year 1. Having successfully completed the HNC, you will advance your studies of fitness, health and exercise activities, The HND covers a wide variety of subjects including personal instruction, strength management, and the management of sporting events.
The HNC and HND in Fitness, Health and Exercise provides the opportunity to gain membership with Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA). CIMSPA is the professional development body for the UK’s sport and physical activity sector, offering you support with student and practitioner membership,
CIMSPA has identified the standards for professional excellence and best practice in the sport and physical activity sector, members and partners are recognised for upholding and delivering these standards.
- Health & Wellbeing for Fitness and Exercise
- Performance Practice
- Diagnostic Testing
- Observation and Analytic Skills
- Communication Skills
- Supporting, Mentoring, Motivational and Role Model Skills
- Working effectively with different ages, stages and abilities
- Ethical Practitioner
- One year full-time
- Attendance is normally over 2-3 days
HND Core Units
- Applied exercise prescription
- Applied fitness assessment and diagnostic testing
- Applied nutrition and health assessment
- Current exercise trends
- Getting started in business
- Working safely and effectively with clients
- Fitness, health and exercise: graded unit 2
Key Optional Units
- Planning and management of personal training
- Deliver personal training sessions
- Strength and conditioning for sports performance
- Core strength and posture
- Direct entry into year 2 (HND) requires successful completion of the HNC with 15 SQA credits.
- Reference to support your application.
- For applicants who do not currently have the full 15 SQA credits, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org further support on the options available to you to be accepted onto this HND course.
- HNC: Fitness, Health and Exercise with 15 Credits Achieved
- A positive ILR
- It is possible to progress on to a degree at university from this course - see our HE and Degree Pathways guide for more information.
- You may gain employment with Local Leisure Trusts, private health and fitness organisations, sports clubs, or may become self-employed as freelance instructors or personal trainers.
- You may be required to purchase suitable and appropriate kit for internal participation and external participation with client groups.
- Apply online
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise.
Expected Jobs 2020
Expected Jobs 2023
Statistics are representative based on National data collated and provided by Emsi Economic Modelling.